02-24-2021, 12:27 PM   #28
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
HK, and the HUD, is still available in the 3 Series. I wonder if it is only US made vehicles that are effected.
Its been quite the year since the Pandemic hit and we've been impacted in just about every aspect of our lives, some of which you wouldn't notice until you go to do something and find the rules have changed due to the virus. I can understand supply issues, I mean you can't have 112 million people sickened by the virus and 2.5 million dead and expect everything to remain as it was before the virus hit.

What really bothers me is no notification from BMW on their build site of features and options that have disappeared, though I can sort of understand that if they did that, it would help drive potential customers to the competitor. The members of this forum are relatively small in comparison to all who will buy a new X5 without knowledge of this forum and will simply accept what they see being offered. Still, for me, it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth to now become aware of the secret disappearance of certain features/options yet the pricing remains the same. This puts BMW in the sub luxo class akin to the KIA's, Hyundai's and Toyota's of the world. Between this and the shaggy BMW dealerships that seem to never end, its a real shame.
Personally I would prefer it if they would post a statement that certain items are, and I'd like to use the word temporarily, removed from new builds and the pricing lowered appropriately until supply levels can be replenished. At least this gives potential buyers the hope that if they wait, they can buy what they want. Well, I guess what I'm saying is there has to be a better way to handle this.
Appreciate 0