jcottonfieldx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardea View Post
As I work for a tier 1 supplier to BMW Spartanburg Plant, there is always a "Pipeline" of parts to meet demands. Depending on where a particular part is manufactured will dictate how many parts are in said pipeline. I am not sure when the HK was removed from option lists but their system knows "what is on the water" so to speak and where every part in each vehicle is. If an order was accepted to have HK in it most likely it will be there. there was most likely a rather large buffer of HK systems in hand to cover any order even well after it was removed from option listing.
IMO
Well I guess we'll see. I ordered last Friday. Had no indication this might be an issue. Had the order printed to make sure I knew what I paid for. Of course that just says "premium package". Who would imagine the goal post would be changed mid game. I paid the old price for the package with HK. Even when I called today my dealer guy had no clue what I was talking about. I don't think he was the sharpest tool in the shed, but I wiuld hope this would be a major thing at a dealership. I am afraid they are just going to take off the price difference (if that) and assume that makes me satisfied. The fact that I am paying top dollar for a car with a car rental stereo in it is just a major unsat to me. An 800 dollar compensation does not fix that.
Confirmation that my order went through today with a $750 price reduction due to HK change to standard.
Appreciate 2