[0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwGk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
even if the amp was plug and play the speakers aren't of the same quality. I bet it would make some difference though.
I would think so as well. I know people have said the HK speakers are not the weak point in the chain, but the amp is... I want to Upgrade my system, but want to to be as "plug-n-play" as possible to keep the factory look and functionality.

BTW, the B&W system wasn't available when I ordered my G05.
I would contact Bavsound and see if they are working on a plug and play amp for the HK system. I'm waiting for them to ship my amp for the hifi system end of Feb.
As for the streaming services, I have tried them all. Tidal is the only viable option I know of where you can access FLAC on your mobile device. Deezer only allows access to FLAC on certain limited devices (I.e. Sonos), but their compressed streaming seems to be of a higher bitrate (if you can tell the difference between compressed bitrates is on you). Compressed quality on Apple Music and Amazon seem to be on par despite differences in volume when comparing the 2, which can cause you to think they sound different, as the volume "normalization" is different between the 2. I used to use Spotify but haven't tested it in a long time, so hard to make a comparison but probably on par w the others.
I recommend using CarPlay if that's an option since it streams over WiFi instead of BT. Or plug in using a cable to get best sound quality.
Even though tidal can access FLAC you cannot stream it via BT there simply isn't enough bandwith. Unless the connection is wired with support for lossless over USB then it doesn't matter. I've used tidal before it's alright not the same as lossless stored locally even when playing over a 3.5mm headphone jack to quality cans. Android doesn't support audio over USB in the BMW, I think Apple does but the quality of it may vary. I'll test my work iPhone and see how it sounds vs a local lossless track. In the end unless you have the B&W system I wouldn't worry too much about it.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0