View Single Post
      12-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #48
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
There are lots of archaic views from some dinosaurs in here.

It really depends on what type of work you do. I worked in IT for a fortune 500 company doing project based work traveling all over the world for new office IT infra builds (servers, network, wifi, phones, etc). If I wasn't actively working on a project, then I might not have any work to do for a couple weeks but when I was on a project I'd average 60-65 hour work weeks.

I don't believe that you should have to stay in an office from 8am-5pm or whatever if you have finished your work. There's no point is sitting around doing nothing just to appease a superior. I worked in the states but my manager was in Amsterdam. When I wasn't traveling for a project or preparing for a future project back at my home office, I'd get into the office every day around 630am, go to lunch around Noon, hit the gym after lunch then go home. I traveled so often for work that no one at my home office ever knew whether I was traveling for work so I later learned there wasn't much point in even coming to the office when I could VPN in and do any work I needed to from home or wherever I was.

Most of my colleagues in Amsterdam seemed to operate similarly. Often times they didn't get into the office until after 10am and they'd be gone before 4pm.
Appreciate 1
Merlin_83473.50