View Single Post
      12-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #62
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Did Now_Rudi change his username again and start this thread?
Negative. I'm still Rudi....for now.

As to the topic of the thread, I've yet to have anyone mention my internet usage at work but it got pretty out of hand for a while. Not because I'm a terrible employee, but due to management being unable to perform their jobs. As a Project Coordinator my job revolves around a CapEx budget that is to be finalized before the start of the fiscal year; I still do not have an approved budget for FY19. I had to find something to keep me busy to occupy a 10 hour day as not to fall asleep behind my desk.

My internet usage consisted of shopping for car parts, learning how to vinyl wrap cars and fitness/weight lifting videos. My work internet usage has damn near all but ceased, this is attributed to 2 things. One, I accepted a new position that has eliminated all free time; 10 hours is no longer a suitable time frame to accomplish everything. Two, my cubicle was dismantled, desk removed and now I have a corner countertop so that everyone can see my monitors.

Honestly, I'm glad to be busy and productive again. I'd much rather be productive at work than to find things to fill my time with potential risk of disciplinary concerns. I would like to have the option to dick around on occasion though.
Appreciate 0