bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
So apparently Russia and China have these new weapons and the US does not nor does it have a middle defense against them. Perhaps the Space Force branch of the military is supposed to address this like the defunct Star Wars from the Reagan era? What do you think is the US falling behind? It looks like we have more aircraft carriers than anyone else though. Surprised Russia and China only have one each and Russia's is being repaired due to fire. Didn't the Japanese have several carriers in WWII and they were supposed to make battleships obsolete.
I can't see US falling behind with what I see as a veiled threat from putin.Spy satellites must have been homing in beforehand on what they and China were up to.Even the secret Star Wars Reagan defence you mention was beyond the public imagination.
You may have probably seen from that time the clip of an unidentified flying bright light ball heading for earth suddenly turn away from an upward firing 'missile' or laser so I think by now the West is hypersonic aware.
Hypersonic aware isn't the same as being able to shoot them down.
Appreciate 0