Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Test drove a bunch of "fun" cars

So i am looking into replacing my M3 with 1 or more small little fun car. here's what's on my list:
1. Mini cooper S
2. Honda S2000
3. BMW 135
4. Nissan 370Z
5. Infiniti G37 - maybe
6. Z4M
7. Evo X
8. STi
9. GTI

The criteria for the car is quick enough to fight traffic, small, and 6MT (which the G37 isnt really)

So i test drove the following:

Mini Cooper S
I was really amazed by the interior, how the LCD pops inside the gauge, the shifter was nice, everything about it was very funny looking in a good way. i guess "cool" looking. I took the car and wanted to push it. the car had like 172 hp and the guy told me it's tunable to 251 hp. I took it thru curves and what not, steering was good, had a german feel to it and all. I was like already sold when i was driving it, till i take one sharp right turn and pushed it. then it just burst my bubble, smacked me in the face and said "FRONT WHEEL DRIVE"
I can possibly live with it for the looks, but it definitely will not satisfy my car fetish. if i get it today i know i'll still be looking for another one or a replacement

then i went by the honda dealer and asked for S2000
I was very impressed with the game-console-ish dashboard. it was awesome. and what's even more amazing the 8000 redline the guy takes me on a single street back and forth with no curves. the car has no power or torque even at really high RPM. so i was wondering what the fuck is he thinking? if i am selling this i'd probably take the customer thru twisties!
I can live with the car, it's not bad, but there's just not power. if he leases me one in the low 300's i'd pick it up. that's the bottom line. but i didnt walk away with a smile like i did out of the Mini dealer

Across from that honda dealer is Crevier BMW. I walk in and ask for a 135 manual. I am given a vert. it only had sports package, 6MT, CA, and heated front seats. i was like perfect, but no way i'd buy a jet black.
We drive off, and im already liking the clutch feel and the small shifter. top is down and off i push the thing.

I have taken the car to a 100 and taken a turn that has a 25 mph speed limit. The car is very well balanced, and very torquey (how the fuck do u spell torquey??). the guy takes me from one route for test driving to another. more twisties, more speed and im having a fucking blast
the car has so much control. it's awesome! and inside of that thing, i'd definitely forget how ugly it is. but i sure would miss the i get in my M3.

bottom line: fuck this economy.

my next is 370Z and the G37 again. what else do you guys recommend?

i want a payment in 400's or less for a lease, 6MT, fun, little, nimble, maybe a vert... but it looks like im going to need a rear wheel drive

Last edited by !Xoible; 01-23-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0