03-05-2020, 06:32 PM   #34
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Yep, the most important part of the whole process is the initial paint correction - and I think that's where a good detailer is critical. I think you can get all different levels of coating, but I believe generally the lifespan of ceramic is a couple or three years before needing some sort of refresh, so follow up is important, particularly since regular waxing is out on ceramic. Impressed so far with the ease of maintenance and the durability, and wouldn't hesitate to get it again.
Just got my car done a week ago. The job overall was fairly good. He came to me and did it over 4 hours. There are some noticeable swirl marks still there (Now under the coating) but they were in hard to access areas like the license plate area. Bonnet and sides of car look ok. I guess the buffer/sander he had was too large to get into all the curves of the car.

On a related note, has anyone gotten their windshield coated and had the wipers make funny sounds? I am not sure if my wiper rubber is just a bit dodgy or if its the ceramic coating causing them to squeak.
Appreciate 1
zhangyi17286.50