View Single Post
      12-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #4980
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Nope - grab them when you can - even is a little over priced.

The Sig VCrowns are a very nice round - well engineered. I worked at Sierra when Sig approached us to partner for that ammo. They brought in the initial design for the core and we designed the jacket and bonding crimp over several iterations. They flat work. I have seen them shot through every media (FBI called and not) and they perform. Very accurate round as well - which Sierra is known for.

We tried to get the lightest 9mm bullet (90 gr) to pass FBI protocol out of a .380 - which was unheard of. You have to shoot X many through all their media and X amount of them have to pass 100% to make it. We repeated the test 3 times (because we are guys and we are curious) and one time it missed by 2 failures and twice it missed by one. Crazy performance out of a .380.

Bullet technology has all but ended the debate on caliber. Choose your caliber and then choose the right ammo - and you will be well heeled.

I think you will be happy with them. Same guy that did the engineering for Federal on the Hydra-Shok years ago designed the core for the V-Crowns for Sig.
Yeah i started looking up the Sig ammo and it’s pretty well liked. I’ve always carried the tried and true Gold Dots, HST and Hornady. But i wont feel like i have underperforming ammo with this.

So i went to the range and put 100rds through my new Sig M18 and the first few mags i had failure to lock back. After that though it started functioning flawlessly. Any ideas why though? Just a break in period for a new gun? I was shooting 115gr so i also considered it couldve been light ammo but like i said it started working fine after a couple mags.
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 0