Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsone View Post
Wish there was no divider in the middle.
Ditto, partially for basic looks (I didn't really want to look like an AMG), partially because that middle piece is the only part that is in exhaust flow and gets pretty hot, and partially because the middle piece prevents playing with more attractive exhaust tips.

But as is, I have these on as well since May 2019. Paint is not peeling from any of it and, as mentioned, only the middle bar gets hot — you can touch the surrounds after a good run, but not the middle piece. Only wear that I notice is the paint of the middle piece has become matte with the surrounds still glossy — so the heat does have an impact, but at least so far, you have to look pretty close to see it. Overall, the simplicity has been worth it. If/when paint peels, I'll remove them and put new ones on.

Here are some pics:
Hi LexxM3 , how are these black out piece holding up after >9 months of use? Thanks!
I haven't done anything yet. Those pics were just "photoshop". LOL.

My wrapper really doesn't want to do that rear diffuser piece, the sharpness of its features apparently make it really hard. He is willing to do it and charge me accordingly, but just a bit apprehensive. And replacing it seems like too much work and there unlikely an aftermarket piece for the North America towing receiver setup. So no progress.
Sorry i wasn't very clear, I meant the OP, ie, the blacked out exhaust piece.
Ah. Seem ok. No chips or anything, but the middle part while still black is notably matte now relative to the outside parts which are still gloss. And I don't think it's soot or dirt, did t seem to budge with cleaning last time I tried. But you can't see that unless you have your note to the tips.
C'mon seller(s), remove the center already!