View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #28
Leetpro
South Africa
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetpro View Post
My 2018 M50D G05 went for a service on Monday, I also reported a noise at the front right wheel (driver side, we have RHD in South-Africa).

Monday afternoon they called and said they are still busy with vehicle, Tuesday morning I received a SMS stating they are still busy.

Wednesday I went to the dealership, the car stood outside in the parking lot, I was told it is a wheel bearing, they were very vague about it and said they have to get Authorization from BMW South-Africa to replace it, apparently need to take videos then BMW South-Africa advice them what to do, I told them yesterday that I need a vehicle for this weekend.

This morning (Thursday) I went there again, the car was on the lift with the wheel removed, again, very vague about it, and said because its a M (Yes I know its not a real M) they need Authorization from BMW South-Africa. I told them again that I need a vehicle for this weekend, the SA said something about the car is still drivable, but I obviously don't feel safe driving a vehicle with a failing wheel bearing (If that is even the issue). He was supposed to give me feedback by 13:00, its now after 16:00.

This is a very strange issue and my opinion is that BMW don't even know how to fix it...
After 1 week at the dealership they are changing both front discs and pads, lets see if that fixes the problem.

at least they gave me a courtesy vehicle to use in the meantime...
Appreciate 0