Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl2020 View Post
Thanks for your very informative posts and information. I liked what you did and followed your recipe - art replica 181 from wheelwiz, schrader oem tpms, etc. My 2020 G05 currently has the 22" inch staggered wheels. Is there any need for spacers on the back wheels to push out the 275 wheels back to factory spacing?
I personally don't think wheel spacers are a good idea under any conditions, but looks are very subjective, so go for it if you feel they are needed. Just remember that, especially in the winter, the further the tires stick out, the more shit they are kicking up onto the side of your X5.

A wider stance looks great in the summer but I'm not a fan with winter wheels & tires.
Many thanks. Makes sense. The majority of opinions I have now received are that spacers are a bad idea due to additional stress on the hub and also different tire tracks in the snow.
I think I will stick with the original square setup.
I really appreciate the original post as I think the art replica 181 wheels are a great look at a good price point. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0