View Single Post
      09-10-2018, 08:05 AM   #234
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
I met a new one last night & shocker...another waste of time!

In her profile, she used "your" instead of "you're". My opening message to her was simply "You're*" You're 45, lady. You should know the difference by now.

She replied & we had a normal conversation & then exchanged numbers. This was Saturday. She couldn't come out to play then so we set a date for Monday. She texted me Sunday afternoon wanting to know if I would meet that evening.

Picked a local brewery and told her meet me there @ 6:30 PM & to let me know when she's on her way. She agrees.

Fast forward to 6 PM & no text. So I ask her if she is running late. 6:15 & she replies saying "Leaving now, sorry." Women, never on time.

Apparently there was an accident on the highway & she had to find another way blah blah. She finally arrives at 7:48. Thankfully, I was on top of it & asked her for her new ETA. No way was I going to wait outside or in there for her all night. It's so local I walked to the place.

She greets me with a handshake. I always find the handshake greeting for a date to be peculiar.

Proceed inside & chat & order our drinks & she gets nachos. Blah blah more normal talk until she busts out complaining about the correcting of her grammar. You'll also see her bitch about it in the pre-meet text message I have attached.

If this was such an issue for you, why did you not only reply in the 1st place, but then exchange numbers & agree to meet & then you whine about it shortly before our meeting too. Now you want to complain in person? Let. It. Go.

At that point, I was done. I said "This obviously isn't going anywhere, right" She says yes & I get up & leave.
Duuuuuude......damn I wish we lived closer so we could drink and share stories. I'm with you, she should know this shit by now. I always think of a quote anytime I hear things like this. "Do no correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." The whole, they're their, there thing along with an/and and your/you're drives me insane. We learned this in elementary school and somehow these individuals have made it this far in life. I typically won't even talk to women that do this. I see these as red flags to stay away as it will end in disaster. These types of women can't keep up with topics that I discuss if they can't even get their grammar on point.

I dated a girl once who used to asked what words meant that I would use in conversation. It got old fast so I started misleading her and giving her the wrong meanings to words I would use. I can't remember them all but I remember telling her that sodomy or to sodomize someone was a fancy way of saying that you helped them out. I clued my friends in on this and we all started doing it. We used to go out for drinks and would try so hard not bust out laughing during conversations when she would join in and try using her new $.50 words. There were many times when we just couldn't contain ourselves. Eventually one of my friends wife pulled her aside and explained what had been happening for months because she couldn't handle seeing this poor girl continue to be ridiculed. We broke up shortly after. Bless her, that girl was hot as sin but dumb as a box of hammers.
Appreciate 2