View Single Post
      12-15-2022, 01:48 PM   #73
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
I have back up copies of all my original NCD files from my last OTA update (07/2021) before I do any coding I then run a check on the differences so i can update my cheat sheet before I recode anything. I used to do this using an Excel sheet but Bimmer Utility has a very good tool called NCD Compare that can easily identify these changes
I think everyone has the same generic promo on their phone re update features and maybe these "new" standard features may be unique to the Australian market. My point is BMW stated the Apple digital key feature would only be available for cars assembled August 2020 onwards Mine was assembled in August 2019 and came with The Android phone digital key which i used briefly.
In E Sys BMW actually have an official retrofit code for this feature (SMAC) which if added to the Vehicle FA by the dealer before recoding would enable the feature in the car but still requires the system to be enabled at the backend in Munich I will be looking forward to my next dealer vist with whom i get on very well with to see if i am on the money
Mine is an October 2019 build. I was referring more specifically to the 2 additional "Distance Control" features.

From my understanding the digital key feature was disabled for Android by BMW early on. The digital key feature is only supported with an iPhone from what I understand. So that feature doesn't apply to those of us who use an Android phone.

I will update this thread on the Distance Control features once I do the update. Someone else who has already updated here in the US might beat me to the punch.
Appreciate 0