ChiefOne
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 XDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbmhell View Post
Update-

My NOCO still at 50% stage this morning, 36hours passed. I don't know if it works.

Here's a similar thread on G20

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...hlight=charger

If this is the first charge, or if you are charging after a super long time, then it may require to be connected for a longer period of time. I experienced more or less the same behavior with my newly delivered X5, was getting impatient after 30 hours or so and was disconnecting it. However, decided to leave it on, and after some time it went to stage 7.

I had my detailed experiences noted in the same thread, pasting it below for your reference. Also worth checking: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=64

-------------------
The battery of my BMW X5 XDrive 40i (MY2021) is fully charged now, or at least that's what the charger indicator is showing. This is what worked for me/I learned from the whole process -

I attempted with the BMW charger a few times, that did not seem to work. I then bought a CTEK MXS5.0, which did not seem to work in the first attempt. I tried again with the same CTEK charger, and it went to stage 7.

What I did differently that seemed to work -
I connected the CTEK MXS5.0 charger to the terminals under the hood, lowered the hood gently, did not close all the way, did not lock the car. I let the charger do its job without monitoring how many hours it's sitting on stage 3, or without frequently checking if the console had a Battery Management message. I did check once or twice though by opening the vehicle door, and that would activate the console and I would see the battery management message. I ignored the message and let the charger run its cycles.

It took well over 26 hours for the charger status to get to stage 7 and stay static on that stage.

That evening, I unplugged the charger and took my vehicle for a spin for about 100 miles, came back and hooked the BMW charger this time, and let it sit. It stayed on stage 3 for a couple of hours and then in about 4 hours it got to Stage 7 and stayed static at that stage.

This proved to me that the BMW charger is working fine, and would have done the job in the first place if I would have let it connected for whatever time it would have taken.

My Lessons learned -
Once the charger is connected, it needs to be left alone to do its job. The control message on Battery Management, at least in my case, only appeared if I woke up the system by opening the door, the message to me just meant that the system is not completely inactive even if it is attempting to do so. Depending upon what state the battery is in, it will take whatever time required to come up to stage 7.

I am keeping the BMW charger and returning the CTEK one.
----------------------------------------