View Single Post
      02-27-2024, 06:49 AM   #49
dougieroads
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Active Tourer

I know I'm not the right car owner for this site, but I have followed it with interest over the last two weeks.
I have struggled to find much in the UK regarding this current safety recall.
Most of my information has come from you guys, as I cannot find anything in the press over here.
Even some dealers hadn’t heard, so when I enquired about approved used BMW vehicles for sale, I told them to check for Stop Sale.
And yes, vehicles were on stop.
One dealer did tell me they were notified 20th December 2023 and made customers aware of the situation.

I have had Series 3 and 5 models in the past, now with retirement looming, decided to take some funds from my pension pot to purchase an approved used Active Tourer.
I found one at a local dealer with low mileage and six months old.
On 8th and 9th February I made bank transfers for the full amount, having being told it had to be done before the end of the month.
On 13th February, three hours before collection, I was told of a recall and could not collect the car.
No remedy in sight and no alternative solution.

In the end I took some legal advice that the vehicle was not fit for purpose and I should therefore have a courtesy car or a full refund.
Despite what BMW say on their own website, I was then told that the car was not mine (having paid £35k to dealer!)
After a discussion it was agreed that I could have a courtesy car.

I had doubt in my mind as I believe that the dealer knew before taking my cash of the recall.
I decided to forget the courtesy car and take the full refund.
They did admit that they knew on 20th December but weren’t made aware of which cars.

My refund was promised to be in my bank by Tuesday 27th, but as yet at 07:17 GMT it has not appeared.
Bank BACS transaction payments are normally made between 01:00 an 07:00 on the day of payment.

Still no car and no cash and interest on pension funds lost
Happy to discuss this miserable saga further.
Latest is that my refund may be in the bank tomorrow.
Appreciate 0