View Single Post
      07-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #11
parkstr8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 MSport Arctic Grey

So - after a few weeks and a WHOPPING 150 miles, I'm still loving my car.

When looking - there were so few MSports available that I was limited - so I chose as close to the options I wanted as I could get. As you all know - BMW and the dealers do weird builds for allocation models.

I was sad that I did not get the 3 things I wanted - Sport brakes (600), Acoustic glass (600) and HUD - about 750.

Do I miss the sport brakes? I don't drive much so for performance no, but for aesthetics, yes. I asked my sales person why they didn't put them on more cars they ordered since they are so cheap. He said - they got so many complaints from 2019s about noise, wearing out so soon, and replacement cost they minimized the orders. Kinda makes sense.

Since mine is Arctic Grey with extended shadow, when i look at the front caliper it has a smooth enough, grey finished surface i could just decal it and it would look like factory.

As for acoustic glass - its a far cry quieter than my F15...so i don't really care.

HUD - I did actually get used to using in the F15 and my Audi Q7 - but with the digital dash, and how much I don't and won't drive in the next year, its not a biggie.

Spacers, RC Black and XLR going on end of next week. Ceramic windshield and front door tint already done.

I have swirls everywhere from the dealer PDI...so i'm having that corrected, too.

One weirdness is ipod integration...whenever i am using it as a source, after i leave and restart the car, it does go back to the last song, but does not remember its on shuffle. and it wont' until i either back out and go to that play list again or unplug/replug it back in. Minor annoyance. I use Carplay mostly anyway as my library is on all my devices.

Overall...I'm kinda smitten.

Last edited by parkstr8; 07-18-2020 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0