View Single Post
      01-14-2023, 11:01 AM   #17
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

No way, I love the feature for the exact reasons stated. It tends to END annoying text strings.

I have several friends and family members who are either retired, self-employed, or otherwise have forgotten what its like to work a 9-5. They always seem to text me in the middle of the work day. If I dont respond I'll forget and often times it's a simple thing like "we still on for dinner tonight?" But as soon as I make the mistake of responding, it's like "Oh, we have a live one on the line!" and ding...ding...ding...ding...they start blowing me up with all sorts of shit.

With both my mom and my mother-in-law, if I just turn the phone off and stop responding they freak out. "Well I was just texting with you and then you disappeared and I didnt know if you were texting while driving and I dont know why you wont use Find My friends so I can see where you are so then I thought maybe he's gone off in a ditch, so I called your wife and then I called all the local hospitals and I was just about to call the police....." All of this inevitably goes down when I'm in a meeting. Rather than typing back some elaborate thing about how much I appreciate them sending me an update on my cousin's, friends, daughter's cat that fell out of a tree I just fire off some random "like" response which tends to end the misery.
Appreciate 3
minn1914066.00