View Single Post
      01-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #50
Mike Meyers
Rep
Drives: 16 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
This post might be the best endorsement yet of the capability of this beautiful inline 6. I, too, used to go for the BMW V8's, but never M's.

My current car is a F30 328. I ordered the smaller engine because the performance was more that I would ever use. My wife warned me that I'd never be happy without the big engine but I assured her I'd be fine. 5 years later I couldn't be happier with my smaller engine choice. We just ordered my wife's X5 40i. Again, we struggled with the choice of engines. With 0-60 in the low 5's (some say 4.9), I'm was pretty certain it wouldn't disappoint. Your post is very reassuring that we made the right choice in going with the 40i.

I have to say its nice to be at a place in life where you can afford what you want and choose to not get the biggest/baddess example.

For those of you who chose the 50i, congratulations. From the posts I've read, you all got a real beast, worthy of a lot of grins each time you start the engine. I'm a bit jealous, but still at peace with the decision to go with the 40i.
I battled with myself for 2 weeks as I had pretty much decided on an M5 (they are a real beast). Went down and drove the M5 and was looking at the X5 and my salesman told me to take it out and drive it and let him know what I thought. I was so impressed with the car, I ordered one and saved $50K. I can get another toy for $50K. And not loose my a__ when I. Would get rid of the M5. 73 is time to start slowing down. You will be very happy with your 40i.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11329.50