View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #36
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
X2. Thanks, you beat me to the answer. I wouldn’t hyper sweat the full leather option. At no time do I look at my extended Merino and leather dash option and feel the car isn’t over the top luxurious. At this point you’re splitting hairs on how far you wanna take this. Without having the back of the drivers and passenger seat in leather, I personally would not find the full leather that valuable of an option. That’s really the only visible part I find at eye level where you could have put leather. Proper metal dead pedal and brake/acc pedals are far more obvious in attention to details. Quality metal/ black buttons on the seat adjustments instead of generic black plastic like the old X5 are details that you notice right away.
I agree with all of this, which is why I'm trying to get the word out. Dealers are clueless as to what is included with full merino, and BMW is not forthcoming with information. I regret ordering full merino...it delayed my order three weeks, screwed up my PCD plans, and locked my build from edits. As such, I'm not getting the exact car that I want. My CA, the sales manager, and the GM at my dealership were blissfully ignorant to all of these consequences. I had to educate them. And at the end of the day, all I'm getting is a lower leather dashboard. I think the take rate on extended merino will be extremely minimal once the word gets out. It is a very expensive option that comes with several sacrifices. On the other hand, extended merino + leather dash is an excellent value in my opinion.
Appreciate 0