View Single Post
      04-22-2020, 04:53 PM   #1490
cca101
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Mid 1:30’s are very respectable lap times on the Big track. Probst and other hot shoes for example runs some very capable cars in the mid/low 1:30’s. We’re also talking about a young guy, driving a damn near new car, probably very close to bone stock and most importantly he’s not a pro.
Even 1:40’s for the other guys isn’t bad considering they’re also not pros trying to set records out there and like you said, trying not to have a wrecker haul their fancy Italian jobs away. Cut them a little slack. It’s just a fun vid, no one said the new Vette is a destroyer of supercars. We’ll wait for the Z06 for that.
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs
I agree mid 1:30s isn't bad. Age of driver isn't a factor however, talent much more so. I think it's awesome that people go enjoy their fast cars on track, I don't care if they do 1:40s or 50s, they're having fun. It's just the title of the video "attacks ferraris and mclaren" ...a little misleading and doesn't mean much at all when they are running 1:40s.

It's like the Top Gear guy who drove the M3 and Tesla Model 3p at Thunderhill, running 10 seconds slower than what is considered a respectable lap time. Absolutely terrible track driving yet concludes that the Tesla is a faster car on track..nonsense
Appreciate 0