Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I agree to keep your 45e out of the garage until the cause of the fire is determined and you have more assurance this won't be a measurable risk to other cars. That said, large LiOn batteries are a fire risk, certainly the types in production today. That may change with some modern advances rumored to be on the way.

If you don't already have fire detection in your garage, install it. All cars are a fire risk and I wouldn't sleep well unless I had heat, smoke and CO detection and alerting.
I have fire detection and other sensors but if it catches fire for whatever reason there no way they can get car out of my house in a safe way. So it stays banned as far as I’m concerned. I will look into options of getting a car port or seperate garage outside. I have plenty of space out back.
Understood. And I meant fire detection so you and your loved ones can get out of harms way. Unfortunately in a LiOn battery fire, once thermal runaway begins, no commonly available fire suppression system will reliably extinguish the fire.