Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiprianS View Post
Are your sockets from the front and back working? I tried to use my tire compressor in them but they were not working. When I tried the one from the trunk, that one was working. The dealer's explanation was that I need an adaptor since the sockets are deeper and are designed specially for the cigarette lighter. I find it hard to believe that is why I am checking with you here.
There were a couple of threads a number of months ago about this, yes it was found that they are deeper than the "norm" and people were modifying their power adapters to make them a bit longer if I remember correctly. Some added solder to the positive tip at the end of the plug and others bought the BMW branded adapters and I think some one found longer ones on Amazon. Maybe someone will chime in with what they did to resolve it.
Also know that the 12 volts sockets will auto shut off after a few minutes once the car has been turned off.
I "sharpened" one of my adapters — made the plastic a bit thinner near the bottom contact with a blade. Ugly (if taken out), but functional. Other adapters fit and work fine. :