02-04-2020, 08:47 AM   #22
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
yeah, i also doubt BMW made thicker as we seen in ours... We have air suspension and lower the vehicle 90% of the time for convenience entry/exit. still high for the wife and leg rubbing still occurs.

your pics show exactly where I want to add extra protection if any exist. We also have the same wear in our 4 with dakota leather, which is much tougher leather than merino. Becuase the 4 was much lower, it took about 3 yrs to show extreme wear.
Ok, you've got the air suspension, the SA told me yesterday when we were looking at the X5 to simply get the air suspension and lower it before getting in and out. I saw a few issues with this, can you shed more light on them for me?

1. It took approx 30 seconds for the car to fully lower. My thoughts are that over time, you will stop waiting for it to lower and just put up with getting out without lowering it.

2. No prob lowering it when you are about to get out but how do you lower it before getting in? The SA couldn't make it happen, he couldn't even get the seat to auto lower upon detecting the key which he said he assigned the lowering profile to.

3. Do you also lower the drivers seat before getting in and out? Again, no prob doing that before getting out but how do you do it before getting in?

I just think all this lowering/raising will get old and you'd stop doing it or it will cause something to fail just that much sooner. Its easier to buy platform shoes
Appreciate 0