View Single Post
      09-08-2020, 12:48 PM   #124
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat6065 View Post
Sounds good...lots of stuff going on with the X5.

P.S. What is the story behind your screen name?
I've been building & restoring cars since 1992, but right around the time I became active with documenting it online (2002), I was heavily into the Porsche 914 (built 1970-1976). I've owned 2, restored 1, but although I don't currently own one, the 1970-1972 914s are my favorite car ever built.... in the history of cars.

But I've always used the handle... all the Porsche forums, Subaru forums, trans am forums, Harley forums, Audi forums, and likely several more.

If you google "Ninefourteener" you'll most likely come across a 7-year long thread documenting a track-focused WRX build, or the 2-year restoration I documented of a 1978 Subaru BRAT. I believe those were my most heavily viewed threads.

Long story short... I really love Porsche 914s. I can't buy any more cars here in Belgium, because I've used up my "tax free" allowed, so if I do, the Belgian gov't will rape me in taxes. When I get back to the US though, I'm actually torn on whether or not I want another 914 to do an STI engine transplant into (I know my way around a Subaru engine quite well).... or to just buy an Alfa 4C (which IMO, is the closest thing to a "modern" 914 you can buy.)

If... one day, I accidentally stumble across a worthy 914 here in Europe, I may not be able to help myself. I've already done the measurements - it will fit in my tiny European garage.... barely, and I've already researched importing it to the US. So..... maybe one day. Rust is a HUGE issue on those shitty little cars (oh, I'm well aware they are POS').. but if I find the right one... maybe.

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 09-08-2020 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0