View Single Post
      11-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #33
3Wagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325iT

We can disagree on what kind of reaction is warranted. If BMW had released this car in 2019 w/o a touchscreen, they’d have been excoriated by the press and car enthusiasts everywhere as releasing a WTF outdated car.

It’s not unreasonable for people to be upset, even if we have little or no recourse. It’s 1 thing for this to have been always sold and advertised this way from the start. That way, when I purchased, I could have made a choice to buy this or not. This was a change *post sale*.

My m50i was already missing over a dozen features from proper 2020 models. I was ok with ALL of those that were missing when I ordered. I *really* want air suspension, night vision, adaptive mode, B&W, etc, but I knew they weren’t available. I could make an informed choice, much like any option I deem unnecessary.

But, I spent hours obsessing over models and options. I made my choice. Then, key features were removed. I would have still bought the x5, but the fact remains that the deal was altered AFTER I had agreed to it. The touchscreen and Backup assistant removal were after the fact; I think anyone who is annoyed and upset is justified.
Appreciate 5
GrussGott18183.50
Jetrik38.00
nZtiZia4656.00