View Single Post
      12-04-2021, 04:27 PM   #21
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmabody View Post
I've gotten used to always having a pseudo-random number in a box there, personally. For some reason, the system continues to prompt me to approve updated disclosures regularly (presumably because I turned off getting notifications for "News"), so even if I clear them something will be back in a day or two.

Personally, I don't really understand the whole "disclosures" thing; it's not like I have any options in the matter (I'm not going to stop using the product I purchased and throw it away when the company changes the terms to require stealing my data as a condition of continued use of the product). There's probably some legal reason they feel the need to prompt me with a "notification" repeatedly, but since nobody reads the novels of legalese anyway, and/or has informed consent or actual agreement to anything, it all seems rather pointless.
There are various options that you can agree to. Without doing that you will lose some functionality, remote view for instance. It is best to go into the Data Privacy and agree to what options you feel are needed. I agree to all except the data sharing with BMW.