09-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
???
  • Shinola: Quartz. Not small at all. 40 mm is smallest. It is still a manufacture watch. There aren't too many in-house made watches you can buy at all for $500.
  • Hager: Mechanical. 40 mm is smallest. 42 mm is most common size. Not manufacture.
  • RGM: Mechanical. 35 - 42 mm, maybe larger. Calibre 20 watches are manufacture.
  • KM: Mechanical. 100% custom made by hand, so you can have any size you want.
Are you sure you posted in the right thread?

To my mind, Shinola's seem like watches priced and marketed to exactly the kind of person who shops in the stores in which they are sold -- Saks is the store I know about. I suspect for that store's customer, many of whom are quite comfortable with having spent $5K+ for one or more watches, $500 - $600 is fine price point for a smart looking, "fun," casual watch -- for oneself or as a gift -- for it's not expensive and it's not dirt cheap either. It is, however, no more costly than a pair of decent shoes or a couple shirts and thus falls into much the same vein as those items. If you see it and you like it, just buy it and enjoy.
40mm is small. There are plenty of women's watches that are 38mm. Sorry to me they are small. Maybe on the average wrist they are ok, but I have 9" wrist. 40mm and even 44mm looks like a child's watch on my wrist. I wear 50-55mm and my daily is 53mm and most people think its a 42 or 44. Smallest I have is 45mm. That is a LumTec. Seems to be better quality than what's listed for less money.

500$ for quarts??? That just does not add up to me. I see they use sapphire crystal and other stuff, but seriously, you can get a swiss auto from Hamilton for $500 which has a lot more to offer in every aspect.

I like the looks, but not for the price range for what you are getting. Just my opinion. The lower end range I would buy LumTec. Same money and you get more. Again just how I feel.

But just like you said. Does not matter what you buy, buy what you like and wear it in good health. Who cares what others say. But being a forum, I am putting my worthless .02 in just like everyone else.
Appreciate 0