View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #38
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Here's my take on all this FWIW. Regarding the low payload capacity if BMW tuned the vehicle for more payload it would not handle like it does. There's always a trade-off on suspension settings and springs.

Regarding people not wanting or needing a true M SUV most just want the the extra space. Or perhaps they just like sitting up high and mighty and like the look and popularity of an SUV. Even tho they may never track it, fortunately for us driving enthusiast there are still many amazing low traffic roads in the U.S. that you can unleash a true M vehicle. Or perhaps you live in Germany and want an autobahn missile. With that said, The M50i seems to a good compromise and checks all boxes reasonably well.

Iv only tracked my CS a few times and will never be able to drive it to its limit. But it's cool and looks amazing. Knowing what it's capable of makes me feel good. Look how many people buy supercars and not only never track them but don't even drive them aggressively. Hell, some only take them to cars and coffee events and stare at them in their garage. I think many people buy these types of cars for the emotional ownership experience. I see soccer moms driving super duty pick ups. :
Appreciate 2
ChiTownM1050.00
JustChris17483.00