View Single Post
      11-06-2023, 09:26 AM   #11
aflatau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
If you’re looking for an EV, I would consider the BMW iX M60 (600+ hp) which is what I just came from. It was a fantastic vehicle, I only got rid of it because the EV prices have absolutely tanked and the current lease incentives have killed the price for those of us that purchased and paid full MSRP. They have a very similar look and are about the same size, but is a tad smaller.

BMW always underestimates their numbers and stats. I have been getting 40 miles of range on the XM in electric-only mode which I did for the first few days. I think you’re going to find that all future M performance vehicles will all be hybrids. By default, your vehicle will start up in hybrid mode, so it will use both the engine and the EV motor. It will last a lot longer than 30 or 40 miles in hybrid mode and will regenerate power back into the batteries every time you use the brakes. I think you’ll find that a lot of forum members on here rarely charge their batteries because it’s pretty self-managed.

In summary, you will have 644 hp almost all the time unless you have depleted your entire battery which is extremely rare. The 30 or 40 miles of range that you’re referencing Is when you’re in electric-only mode (no engine) which is not the default behavior of the vehicle. After owning both vehicles, I would buy another XM Label in a heartbeat. It truly handles like an M performance car which you’re not going to find on any EV because of the weight distribution. I hope you decide to keep your XM. It’s a fantastic vehicle.
Thank you for your response.

I wonder if I have some sort of setting off or something, the car only has like 350 miles on it right now, and I only have driven it a few times.. but the few times I have driven it(default settings, whatever it comes with from factory) The battery gets depleted down to zero, that's what the gauge is telling me at least.

For you to say that other people barely charge the battery? To me that is very surprising. Are they not driving far? Or? I don't know, I think I might be missing something here.
07 Single Turbo 335i(one of the first, sold)
Appreciate 1