View Single Post
      04-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #53
Johnlaw550
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i

2019 X5 50i, software glitches

My first BMW. First off, love the car overall. 2nd, here’s some software glitches in the idrive system i have experienced in the first 1500 miles driven, and some minor annoyances:

1.the toggle button on end of blinker handle, that scrolls thru dash displays ( g force, hp, mile, etc. frequently gets frozen so that I’m unable to change it on the fly. Usually gets stuck while in the “comfort “D” mode. It resets when car is turned off and restarted.

2. The navigation screen recently just started going to black screen ( like its completely off), while driving. This has happened twice in the last two days. Its easily reset by pressing the Home button on the center console.

3. For two days I Was unable to connect to the News app. Just yesterday it finally decided to load, without any intervention on my part.

4. That LED ambient light in the upper driver side center console, is the most annoying, distracting (shouldn’t be there) design flaw ever, while driving at night. I’m considering covering it up with tape. Suggestion to BMW, get rid of it. Makes me wonder if the test drivers ever drove this car at night.

JohnLaw
2019 x5 50i
M sports pkg
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50