View Single Post
      03-10-2019, 06:35 AM   #79
Espejo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Alpine White X5 40i

Purchased at Momentum BMW Southwest but the work is being conducted at BMW North since it is closer to my home. It appears the KAFAS camera is not dealer specific. Are you currently driving your X5? I said the Lane Departure is an important safety feature of the car and without it working we have a problem. Plus if I picked up my car and gave back the loaner their incentive to fix this problem quickly gets reduced. What is your SA saying?

I would expect that if this were a manufacturing defect we would be seeing plenty of KAFAS problems on this forum. Unless if the defect was limited to a particular manufacturer, dealer or build date range. Even then I would expect to see all kinds of issues on this forum. I also believe your build date is a couple of months after mine and aren't all the X5's made in SC coming off the same assembly line?

I can share my SA but I think he is handling this the same way any of them would. I just got BMW Customer Care involved over a month ago and kept calling both my SA, his advisor and BMW Customer Care. All have been consistent in that they want to fix it first. I was informed by BMW Customer Care that they have engaged BMW Marketing(?) and started the process of replacement but with a camera being located I think they want one last time to fix. If I get a replacement it may be missing some things like no Laser Lights, etc. Other than XPEL and window film (which they acknowledged would be added to a new vehicle) I have done no modifications.

Last edited by Espejo; 03-10-2019 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0