12-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #187
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
I respect your opinion and I have driven a G80 and a G70 about a year ago. I have no interest in any of those cars, they just have that unmistakable light weight(tin can) feel that I despise. I'll stick with BMW and Cadillac.
I'm sure some people are happy with their Korean cars but you don't get gold for the price of silver.
I hate to sound like the Genesis apologist because I really do prefer the X5 to the GV80 in most every category, but I would argue that Genesis has much better quality than anything Cadillac has put out in over a decade, except for the newest Escalade.

I've sat in an ATS, CTS, last gen Escalade, and XLR; sitting in each of those revealed dated and hard to use infotainment, hard plastics littered throughout the cabin, cheap GM fonts, and parts bin sharing from the lowest end GM models.

What Genesis has done over just a handful of years is remarkable. They've hired away designers from top luxury brands, upped their marketing spend, invested in quality control, and are now putting out vehicles that compete in almost every way with established top tier brands, trading brand image and high-end performance for value.

I'm all for fanboy-ing over the BMW in any comparison with another brand, but I think it's equally important to give other brands credit where credit is due.

Lastly, in terms of gold for the price of silver, I'd say that cuts both ways. Compare the new 2 Series Gran Coupe to a G70, and you'd be hard pressed to pick the BMW in any category except brand prestige.
Appreciate 5
stein_325i25083.00
PeterK137.00
thereef5101165.00
RJC179.00