mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by verruckt View Post
Not sure really. Initially I only expected a couple day wait, and then found out the part would take 7 days... then 15... and now likely more. I actually called Thursday when i found out it would be 15+ days and asked if I could just pick it up and drive it until the part comes in. They didn't really say no but they didn't say yes either and said they would "try" to get me a loaner.

Between the dealer and BMW NA I'm not really impressed with their response so far. I've had to call each time to get any update. Especially not since I just made my second payment on it and haven't had it for the past week and a half.

To top things off, the wife was driving my truck in lieu of the X5 (X5 is hers), and since shes not comfortable with the size of it, managed to accidentally back into someone today... ....It just gets better and better.
I’m sorry about all that,I could understand them keeping it so long if it were a true drivability issue,but, to me, it’s an a minor inconvenience to hit the button and just drive and be careful about not hitting things and people that sucks about your wife and your truck, I hope all turns out okay.

mnewnam - your experience sounds horrible. I hope they have made (or make it) right.
Yeah, eventually they made it right and cut me a check for all of our expenses and inconvenience. Truck has been amazing since. I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one whose had to fight to get info on your vehicle. I kept telling them I just want communication. It was like pulling teeth.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00