View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #65
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I always was under the assumption that WAN meant wide area network which included an internet connection and LAN was just a local network where computers were connected to each other. I'm sure im wrong about that, i just didnt know better. I wonder what benifits you get if you were to subscribe to a BMW hotspot plan? We subscribe to the BMWOnline service in our F15. It's obviously not the full internet but it does just enough of their online services and stuff that makes it useful. Does the G05 not come with a similar service without you having to pay extra for it?

In any case, I'd love to do a PCD as well, if I can work it into my schedule. Just depends on when they come up with a date for us
You're right - foolish of me.

I think the benefit of subscribing to the WiFi hot spot is your connected devices can use the internet. I don't think it has any bearing on what options work on your car. Purely a portal to get tablets, etc onto the net. For our family it doesn't make sense because both my wife and I have work phones with unlimited data, so when we go on road trips I use my phone as a hot spot and my sons iPad connects to it for all his streaming needs.
Appreciate 0