01-02-2021, 09:00 PM   #54
BimmerBoo01
Rep
Drives: X5

Replaced the center console

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoo01 View Post
Hello,
I tried to install the itouch glass replacement and had a bad outcome. I disconnected the cable, replaced it with the glass (per the video instructions), reconnected the cable and and everything was working escept the LEDs. I figured I had to tighten the connections so I disconnected the knob and tried to reseat the ribbon but was surprised with some smoke. The controller board for the touch pad I think is fried now. Anyone know if I can get a replacement unit for the controller board?

Wife is not happy
Hi all,
I wanted to provide an update. I was able to remove the unit and replace the idrive controller but I was unable to get power to the idrive despite having to replace the unit. I ended up just buying the complte OEM crystal unit and installed it. However, I'm still not getting the idrive controller to power. Addtionally, it looks like my light bars are not lit either. Do you guys think its the fuse? I'm not sure where to start looking after this. The shift and left side of the controls work, however. The iDrive and lightbars are not powered:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm really trying to avoid bringing it to the dealership.
Appreciate 0