View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #4
mcd004
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebabies View Post
For all of you Soldiers, DA Civilians, Contractors, and Expats who purchased a U.S. Spec BMW and had it show up in Germany - I want to share something that my sales rep shared with me in Bavaria. I purchased the 2021 X5 from Bavarian Auto Sales (Kesha) and she told me another one of her clients had to do a few things to make a working Idrive7 ConnectedDrive Account register. As soon as the validation comes through in 10-ish days (just took delivery yesterday), I'm going to try it out and verify that it actually works and test a secondary thing.

From the text messages she copied to me, they read as follows:
---------------------------------------------------
"Everything works. I had to send us connected drive my verification documents. I sent them my certificate of origin and temp changed my insurance address to a US one and sent them that. After a few days they emailed me telling me to call to finish setting up the account."

"So it does work lol. They need to make sure their warranty validation has been completed for at least 14 days prior to trying to activate the connected drive"

So... From the sound of it

1. I have to wait 14 days after the warranty validation has happen.

2. I have to get in touch with BMW ConnectedDrive team and send them supporting documents (Certificate of Origin)

3. I have to change my insurance to a U.S. Address and send them the insurance document.

4. Respond to the ConnectedDrive rep email by phone to finish setting everything up.
In case anyone is following this thread, I just got ConnectedDrive working on my 2021 US Spec here in Germany by following this steps. All took a little over a month. Hope it helps others as well.
Appreciate 1