03-08-2021, 01:28 AM   #21
mike3333
Rep
Drives: X5 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3333 View Post
This mirrors my experience.
12 Feb From CD Support USA
We checked and found out that the vehicle is missing TCU / SIM Card information because it does not have mandatory SA Code: 06AF.

25 Feb out of the blue from CD Support USA
We apologize for the inconvenience. Vehicle is now mapped to username:

However, no apps have shown up in the car yet. Do I need to do something other than having more patience?
Closing the loop since I finally got it enabled in case someone was in the same spot I was in: CD mapped to your VIN, but nothing showing up in the Apps screen for a couple of weeks.

The final trick was when I saw the wireframe globe and shield on the display when the car started up over the weekend. I selected it and a popup came up with options to modify some car communication settings. I enabled all settings then magically Carplay and Android auto started working. Perhaps the dealer selected a narrow window when it arrived. Or maybe everyone else on these boards knew this was the obvious last step, but I hadn't seen anyone mention having to change this setting before.

Either way, it was well worth the hassle to get it working. I wish the process were more straightforward, but that's life. It seems like everyone's path to get it working is a different journey.
Appreciate 0