View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #2
The Reverend
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435i

Not sure of your budget but the Fairmont Pacific Rim is easily one of the best hotels in the city. Pricey but great location with the 2010 Winter Olympics torch right across the street as well as the sea plane terminal and countless restaurants. The Fly Over Canada ride is there too but your kid might be too young for that. You might be better off AirBnBing it if you want to stay right downtown. Uber and Lyft are finally here so that's also an option as Vancouver is a very walkable city too. Transit is also pretty decent especially with the train right from the airport into downtown, incredibly convenient.

It won't be the warmest at that time but definitely pleasant. I believe the Cherry Blossom festival will be running at that time so that might be enjoyable, good family fun. If the weather is nice its a great idea to head up to Grouse Mountain. If you keep your pass you can then check out the Capilano Suspension bridge for 50% off the entrance fee. Just keep looking forward if you are afraid of heights.

Depending on the weather I'd also recommend renting some bikes around Georgia and Denman and riding them around Stanley Park. About 15 kms around but flat all the way and you get some amazing views. You can rent bikes with a carriage seat for the kid as well.

If you have a car then the drive down the Sea to Sky highway to Squamish is great with spectacular views. I actually prefer the Sea to Sky Gondola to Grouse Mountain (unless you're skiing of course) so check that out too as there is a lot to do up there. You can head on to Whistler and the village is cool and all but you really want to ski there if you can. Spring skiing Whistler / Blackcomb is world class.

At Grouse Mountain, take the gondola up for views of the city, have some decent food and walk around or get some turns in if your ok skiing with your kid in the proverbial backpack as many do with youngsters. If the snow is all gone Grouse has a lot of other things to do but best to bundle up as it can get chilly up there.

Restaurants you should check out in Vancouver are the MacKenzie Room, Bar Bei, Santoku Ramen and for sure get some dim sum.

Umbrella's and/or rain gear is always recommended.
Appreciate 1
XKxRome0ox1587.50