Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Maybe the BMW auto group side of the house can talk to BMW Motorrad. New S1000RR bikes are delivered limited in performance up until the factory recommended break in period is completed. The official answer is to ensure proper break in of the mechanicals. Some say it's also to ensure new owners that have never ridden the RR understand the dynamics of the motorcycle. I don't recall if the limiter just goes away after the mileage is reached or if the dealer removes the limiter when the first factory service is done.
This is a software limiter thats flashed off on first service. And this is also a good idea, however, wondering what effect this would have on the final price of the vehicle.

Remember that motorcycles, particularly flagship liter bikes, boast the very latest in tech, but as a result, their price tags reflect this. The stuff on a bike is more than just a speed governor. As seen in your post, there are many systems integrated into the "Modes" that you can set up.

The closest parallel we have to this would be, halo vehicles showcasing the latest tech. I.E, 7er, Lexus LS, etc. But then, look at their MSRPs
Appreciate 0