01-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
In my situation, doing a stock (with stock FMIC), tuned (with stock FMIC), and tuned (with new FMIC) would be what my plan would be. I could also use the 3 different tunes I have to see what kind of results overall are shown. The problem with doing that, though, is that there's no learn-in time for the tunes if I swap them out that quickly, and without factors being as close to identical as possible, you end up with different results, but at least we could get a better idea, even if there's a 1-2% deviation in results.
That would be great to see even considering the variables. I suspect with a tune and even a tune like the JBD that does not touch boost there would be some benefit to a larger IC, since logic would tell you that with along with the substantial increase in HP that temps also increase. The unknown variable at the moment though, is just how efficient is the stock IC on a stock car. Then install a tune like the JBD and see what that does to the efficiency of the stock IC. It may prove that while the stock IC maybe efficient if the car is in stock form, but that it is up against the wall as soon as horsepower is increased significantly - that's what I am hoping anyway. Assuming this to be the case, without boost compensating for the cooler/more condensed air the larger IC would provide, the one obstacle or drawback maybe the increase in turbo lag, not sure that I could handle this increasing much more.
Appreciate 0