ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoo01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCwell3er View Post
Awe man...did you disconnect the battery? I'm not sure about getting a replacement.
I was thinking about it but read that disconnecting the battery is only necessary for the knob. I should have just done it. At this point, what should I do? Do you know where I can get a replacement controller dial? Or do I need to replace the center unit?
You're going to have to eBay it, check with a dismantler (like car-part.com), or go with a factory/oem new replacement.

The iDrive controller snaps into the center console and has a dedicated connector, so you're good there. The rest of the center console should be fine (but note they all share one connection - ie shifter and all buttons).

Removal is easy. Move front seats all the way back. *Disco the batteries!* pull off two side carpeted panels. There are two or three star/hex screws on each side. Once removed, use a soft tool to gently pry up the entire center console, it's one big piece including wood trim. Disconnect two light bars, the center connector, and then the iDrive connector. From there you have a few screws for iDrive and then pop it out.