View Single Post
      11-28-2019, 05:34 AM   #23
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

The problem is that BMW is a HUGE company. There's no reason they can advertise this feature and then completely shit the bed on it. To me, they are just being cheap and not hiring/maintaining a good team to implement OTAs. Honestly, if it is this crapped up, I would take USB updates until they figure it out. I hate driving to the dealership to roll the dice on which version I will get, only to go back a month later for another.

Tesla, as ambitious as they are, went out and figured it out. It comes down to how motivated the company is to make this feature really work. Honestly, any company that is going to charge to CarPlay and nickel and dime on other features that should be included on a $75k+ vehicle should say it all. If they never offered OTA, I would not be pissed...but, that was a big selling point, and their site still advertises it. Nowhere on any literature does it say ***available at a later date. They just don't care, since there's really no incentive to rush. They got their money! The best part, if you call customer relations, they could give a crap. My favorite response when asking about this and if there would be any extensions was "well what do you want us to do? what are you asking us for?" That pretty much tells you how much they care about getting this going.
Appreciate 0