View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #21
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
The drawing looks great but what are the odds of blending it into the existing structure? Odds are the materials may not match and it may drive you crazy. What about extending the garage back and make it large enough for four vehicles? It may be overkill and take too much of the backyard but may be worth considering.
A good GC will make it blend in as though the addition was always part of the initial build. The GC I secured put on an addition to my primary home. I wanted a first floor office with entrances from the formal dining room and the morning/sun room. But doing this would also require the poured concrete foundation walls to be extended which provided another room off the existing basement. My contractor was able to match the siding, roof shingles, and paint exactly along with the brick pattern my original builder had for the poured concrete walls. People are surprised when I tell them that part of the house is an addition.
Appreciate 0