Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Porsche also, but at an $11k (USD) premium.
While this may have been the case in the past, it is no longer true. The Porsche system, right now, is 'available paints on configurator', or 'PTS (Paint to Sample)' ~$13,000 - which is restricted to a list of pre-approved options, or what I call 'REAL' paint to sample - which has the requestor providing a sample and will begin at around $18k - AND apparently requires most of that paid for 'research' with no guarantee the car will be painted in the requested color.

As an example, if you wanted a GT4 in Viola Purple Metallic that's not in the 'PTS' approved list. So, it's a porsche color, it's been done on other cars recently - but still is not included in their $13k PTS option level. IF you needed it in that color, you'd be looking at the $18k starting point and crossing your fingers. I believe, as of today, if you wanted it in Porsche Ultraviolet, you're staring up at the same mountain. But if you want it in Viola Metallic, that's $13k and approved.
That's interesting Dave. Explains why all the modern 911s I see are the same colors over and over.