View Single Post
      12-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #106
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
If you agree that it's incorrect for zero, you must believe in some weird discontinuity for your statement to be true for a small non-zero value. Discontinuous phenomena are very rare in nature and are all very special. Instead most likely result is that comfort continuously increases from zero and saturates for some large enough wheel travel (because bumps on the road have finite size and car speed is finite). So to answer my original question - this saturation must be happening before stock height and stock is presumably overly conservative.

In any case, physics aside, I perused the X3M forums where this has been out for a longer time, and most people there were seeing worse subjective comfort than stock if lowered by more than about an inch, so that'll be a good guess for X5M as well.

I need to do a bit more research on installers nearby, but this will be a very tempting proposition once I switch back to summer tires. I don't know if this is me just getting used to it, but ride seems pretty nice since I've switched to winter tires.
That once again is not how suspension works... You are working off of extremes only with your comments. And no its not true that because you get closer to zero you are getting worse. You are not understanding the spring rate, or rebound.... My suggestion is you call MSS ask to speak with an engineer (they might have to call you back). It's not like you are going over to a Honda civic putting a torch to the spring and watching it get lower, you are asking about engineered parts designed for comfort and handling in mind. The MSS springs have 3 total rates built into them to allow for the adjustability.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0