08-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #54
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
It appears there are 40+ colors already defined in the color library. It seems BMW may have put them there to open future colors? It would be helpful to figure out how the colors are mapped to the slots in the color profiles. That way, the BMW colors could just be used, but that may be more complicated, I'm not sure. I've also looked high and low for B&W settings and cannot find them in any module - speaking German would probably help, as they've probably named it something obscure. I find that leaving the speakers white is a good solution for now.
An FYI for everyone, it was discovered on the 3 series forum that if you code any colors to the full FF values, the two small ambient lights on the roof function module (by the sunroof switch) will not illuminate upon vehicle startup. The only way to resolve is changing the color and changing it back, adjusting brightness or unchecking / checking the enable ambient light option will not resolve.

It seems to be a bug with any full values, whereas any amount of mix does not exhibit this issue. I set my green, blue, and red all to their FF0000 / 00FF00 / 0000FF values and have this issue with all of them.

The gent that found this out was able to only change the mapping for the one layer that controls those wash ambient lamps to be slightly mixed while leaving the door / dash / floor strips as full values and it resolved the issue for him.
Appreciate 1