View Single Post
      03-22-2023, 02:16 PM   #44
dananelson1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e, 13 X5xdrive50i SOLD

Michachael I've driven at that speed for short bursts, many many times, with the roof box on with no issues. I regularly cruise 140-145kmh. I've never had an issue, but I guess one would not have an issue...that is until they do...ha! I don't know what the point of failure would be; I suppose the plastic base could fail across several points and rip off; but it would take a lot of pressure.
If possible, have a look at one in person, they are pretty streamlined which cut back on capacity quite a bit...but looks good and works well for us. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michachael View Post
Hi there!

I found your post via the Search function, hoping you can help me.

I have a BMW X5 G05 and one of my biggest concerns in buying the THULE MOTION XT ALPINE box, is that the general rule for the roofboxes is that you should not drive faster than 80MPH / 130KMH.

I regularly do long drives across Germany and my average speed is usually 150-160KMH, if weather and traffic allow of course.

I'm considering the ALPINE version (i.e. more streamlined sporty roofbox of Thule) and only putting in light stuff like clothes, pillows, ... Probably never more than 40-50KG in total (vs the 75KG allowed).

What is your experience with it?

Thank you
M
Appreciate 0