View Single Post
      11-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #102
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Ocon was in 14th place at the time... yes he absolutely has the right to unlap himself but he had no business trying to make the pass at that time. If he was so much faster like he was saying wait for the the next DRS zone and then make the pass cleanly. As a backmarker at no time should he ever put himself in a position to affect the outcome of the race like that.

That being said Verstappen could & should have 100% avoided this. You have to both be aware of each situation and also know how to handle it. Ocon means nothing at that point in the race. He doesn't have a seat next year & has zero to lose. Even though Ocon should not have attempted that pass Verstappen has nothing to lose by letting him through. If a backmarker is going to drive like that let him have his little moment and then cruise on to the race win. Go shake his hand afterwards and then show him what the trophy looks like.

And Ocon - seriously, waving for his mechanics to come help him when he got pushed a couple of times? I get it - its in his blood - but c'mon man have a little pride and stand up for yourself. Don't let someone push you like that and do nothing but put a clown face on and wave for people to come save you. I have a lot of respect for him as a person - we ran into him at our hotel during the USGP and it was awesome the way he interacted with my 5 year old son. To me how people in positions like that interact with children speaks volumes about their character & he made a couple of fans that day. Still don't let someone push you like that and do nothing. Not saying he had to go ape shit crazy on the guy but at least stop him.

FYI this is from a Verstappen apologist...
Appreciate 3
minn1914037.50
EdM54066.00
Poiseuille5392.50