10-22-2020, 02:44 PM   #18
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90coast View Post
My specialty is medical equipments used for bioengineering, I have been applying but since the recent covid, their interview process is super lagging. All the opportunities I have received have fell through due to unknown reasons.

I have applied to over 500 jobs and emailed plenty of HR departments regarding my applications but it's just a hassle at the moment. They give half responses and don't really care for anything I say.

I have broadened my search for defense, Northrop, Raytheon, Lockheed; but they are difficult to get in contact with as well since they have no proper HR email where they respond effectively regarding to all the positions I am "under consideration" for.
Take a look at some of the big medical manufacturers if you’re into bio-med. They always have engineering positions open with everything home-based. I work for one of the top dogs in the industry, and I doubt it matters where you live. One of my main schedulers for field workers is based in Seattle but works exclusively with eastern time zone districts as an example.

In my experience, especially with the new world of COVID, branch outside of new product design. I’m an ME and am so far removed from true engineering it’s crazy. My advice is to start applying for things you didn’t anticipate while going to school. MEs make great project managers for example. Want a leg up? Utilize that expensive piece of paper to get you in the door for a position you might be “over-qualified” for but at a company/industry you’re interested in. Once you’re in, work your way to get what you ACTUALLY want in due time. Be patient, companies love to hire from within.
Appreciate 0